14 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010!

I was away to London, then to Paris, next to Rome, now back to Oxford. Sorry for being this late, right after my trip, I'm dead tired, got myself back with my green apron and now finally few days break for me, to get back on my space here ;)

Much of details of my family vacation in London earlier, would like to share some of Paris and Rome. It was 30.12.2009, I didn't get any better, still very ill, dragged myself to St. Pancras station and waited for Eurostar to Paris. Was too tired to guide, I'm much of a follower there. Get ourselves settled down in the hotel, we'd decided to walk around, just so unfortunate that we're at the outer Paris, underground Metro is the only way!

Trust me, I hardly recall the places we'd been, even the name of the buildings. Well, this is our first stop in Paris.











Caught cold again, fever came back. Had long long long hours of rest, I was better. This time round, I became the guide. It was New Year eve, we were out since 10am, wondered around the very hit shopping street! Met Louis Vuitton, dropped by and said Hi to most of the bags ($$$)! Bought Italian dessert, cost us 38 Euros (Well we shared!). Walked ourselves to Eiffel Tower. Metro was shut, otherwise, it was full. Roughly 4 stations away, we walked. People were walking, we managed to get there, found a nice spot, about 500m away from Eiffel, settled down and waited for 'the time'.





From Laduree, Paris..





Quite a disappointment actually, there was no fireworks, no scoreboard, no cheering, no craze, no nothing! I thought it was time, so was aiming some figures to be showed. Thinking maybe the lights faded part by part: "Yes it's counting down!" "5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" Eiffel Tower went blank. And then lots of twinkles appeared. "Ok? It's new year now?" Sorry to say, yes it is, and that's all for Paris! It was beautiful, but personally, it was not :(





Expecting more than just this ;p







Alright, it's new year already! Packed up, with no haste, we walked and got Metro, for free to the station. Had McD! And waited for hours for the train to Rome. Suprisingly, the cubical is narrowly Small! Fitted 6 persons for a 15-hour ride, I slept throughout the journey, woke up a while for expensive yet disgusting dinner, and slept again! Arriving Rome Termini, found M & J Hostel, settled down. Met the boss, we called him Mario, and J stands for Josephine (Our very owned Jo)!

With a map of Rome, he planned us 3 routes for our 3-day stay in Rome, how kind of him. Starting of with the first route, our first destination is to Colosseo - Colossuem. Drizzling, and it's almost 4pm, we skipped it and walked around Circo Massimo. Still walking, to the Heart of Rome - where all roads lead to Rome. Down the street of Via Nazionale, not much of mood to shop, all of us were exhausted, we got back to hostel, had and early rest.




Rome very owned Cappuccino and Tiramitsu ♥




Continue with our second and third routes the next two days. Visited The Vatican City. Paid 40 Euros for the tour, well at least I get to learn about the background of Vatican City. What makes me excited is that I was there where Tom Hanks filmed Angels and Demons!!!




St. Peters Square, Vatican City!




Went Fontana di Trevi, found another wonderful sculpture! I made a wish, tossed a coin, may it comes true :)





Fontana di Trevi ~ ♫






Please drop a visit to my facebook account for more pictures of Paris and Rome, of me and my friends! Will get back to you tomorrow! Ciao Ciao~

p/s: Pictures of Paris & Rome, more updates ahead ;)


No comments: