03 June 2010

Freedom of Speech

Hmm.. Maybe some of you might not know of this, just to share some reviews on RPK's recent event held in London. It was on 22th May, one Saturday afternoon in BPP Law School. 


Unfortunately, I was arranged in the rotas and can't get myself out earlier to the talk, it's a shame! Anyway I managed to find these clips, a very short talk of 30++ minutes, still try to dig out some Q&A parts (anyone who know of please drop by a link or two ;p).


Well a rough summary 'bout this, it's about the Human Rights in Malaysia (An Islamic country in Asia), zooming is the issue of freedom of speech and a right to fair trial. When you view this clip in YouTube, think there'll  be some relevant links to Anwar Ibrahim's comment 'bout RPK too.


To me, RPK is kind of, making some points out, which I think they make sense, at least to me ;) This talk is all about his detention held by ISA throughout the years, the reasoning behind the scenes, the court hearings, and his getta way from sensitive issues! Despite the fact that it's just 30 minutes, I found it's rather interesting than the talk held by my lecturers for 2 hours! XD


Comment to this: Great one! Again, I'm not so over politics, just sometimes heard of some news and swayed off somehow, to me, he made the points out! Neither agree nor disagree. Last but not least, he's the M.A.N! :D


*I believe I did not made up any point to make a stand, just to declare that I did mean it when I say I DID NOT try to be a supportive party to anyone ;)


p/s: I share the same birth date as RPK! What a pride ;D!!!





Note: Part 2 \ Part 3 \ Part 4 \ Part 5 \ Part 6 \ Part 7

No comments: