16 February 2010

'The' UK!

I have been receiving messages from friends, asking me "How's UK?" First of all, thank you people for concerning, they're simply warm and caring :)

Well this question ever came into my mind few years back, was wondering people flying out of the country to study, "How could it be, when it's my turn...?" There it is I'm now in Oxford! For not having much of luck, sh*ts always happen to me, having said that staying here, beside having the beatiful scenery, peaceful and slow pace of lifestyle, other than that, UK - is simple and nothing much to talk about.

**Please be informed that this is just my personal opinion and in fact, Experiences I encountered throughout these few months.

Before departing, 2 issues first came to my mind: Can I cope with the weather there? AND; How serious will the discrimination issue be? Proudly present, I'm a Malaysian, having being discriminated is never a problem! BUT? As far as you concern, Oxford, is so called a 'Smart' or 'Educated' place to live in, and what I'm going to tell you about, it is actually not, as great as you think!

Ever we (all time hanging out friends) went shopping, a woman was mad at us for no reason, and bang us with trolley! People were cutting our queue for ONLY God knows why they can still pretend, as if we're not in the line. They were talking to the air, while expecting that you can hear about the content. Why so? Cause for God's sake, they dislike your face but still need to talk to you, no choice but to speak to the 'air' instead.

Incident happened to another friend of mine, having people stop their car, scrolling down the window and said: "You smelly asian..." To be frank, you're the one who always rush out from house without showering or washing face.

I was asking why Malaysia never sets policy, hopefully the earth will circulate smoothers, I was wrong. When UK comes to policy, it never comes to an end! This is what happen all the time to me, when I was expecting parcels. "I'm sorry I can't deal with it, please allow a 48-hour investigation and we'll get back to you ASAP." In fact, I seriously waited for don't know how many '48-hour' and at the end of the day, the parcel went missing. I still prefer the phrase I always use in Pos Malaysia - "Kak/ Bang, boleh tolong tak? Nak tanya je tapi tak nak queue la....."

Why am I so into Starbucks? Seriously, you're working for the sake of Pounds, why not love it as you're wasting time hate it?

We were waiting time passes for our movie, went in McD for a drink, youngster was throw french fries at us, hitting old ladies in the WC, shouting and yelling like no body's business, walking 'kaki ayam' on the street! Obviously, these are none of my business, but hello? It happened in Oxford, and the fries thrown were aiming us!

"I love UK!" Hell no, when people says that, simply because they get to hang out with the right people, ignoring all these shits! Well I was being convinced that UK is lovely, why not trying to love it? Please trust me when I say I did, and it doesn't work. The more I don't care, the more obvious they're going to do shits to you. Will you still be positive, when your parcel went missing? When people intentionally attack you? When drivers close the bus door leaving you outside the bus, not letting you in? When problems occurred and called up, they ask you to call them back next week? What more to say?

This is life.

Be positive people, shits happen. What to do to deal with it?

"Eat it lah.....!"








Adios!

No comments: