22 September 2010

A Place I Call Home

I've been home for a month and more! It was since last year, left home for studies, skipped a Chinese new year celebration :( Anyway, some thoughts and pictures to share!


First of all, my home - Tawau, Sabah! One might not know of this place, it's somewhere at south east of Sabah, a small busy town, not much of tall buildings, with hours of traffic jam sometimes, humongous estates all over places, an airport for sure, no more tree-top houses, cheap seafoods, Philippine market, scarce car park, brilliant foods, and Nice people :)
This is the land of Borneo - Sabah
Food in Tawau is more or less the same like in KK, mainly it's the pork noodle! There're still something extra to share ;)
Lemonade
 We call it Lemon 'Sui' Ping - A light squeeze of lemon with add-on of sugar syrup, simply refreshing!
Cincau Ais
 By 24 Taste - With gula melaka, milk and tea, topped up with cincau.. Yuuummmmm!
Tawau ABC!
 One thing I like this so much is, the aunty will always add on lotsa lotsa milk ;p
Mango Sago
By Indo Cafe, Fajar - This is milky, just the way I like it! With fresh mango cubessss!!
Leong Gei Pork Porridge
 Nice and smooth, very gao in taste! Simply the best in Tawau!
Mee Goreng Basah
 'Sip Chao Mien' The only fried mee with gravy, you ain't gonna find this in West Malaysia!
'Long Di Meehon' Fried meehon, wrapped up with egg, topped up with pork stock, something simple but soooooo tasty!
'Shang Nyiuk Mien'
Again, the very own 'Shang Nyiuk Mien'!! My drug, wanting one now for lunch ;9
Coconut Sweet
Will always be chewing this wonderful Coconut sweet...
Yuan Yuan Soto!
 Not till you finish it until the very last drop of soup! A favourite for all! Check out the chicken slices, prawn ball, whole boiled egg, fried onion on top... Yum Yum Yum!!!
Rummy
 My favourite game of all! A little gambling for sure ;p
'Feng Ling'
Okay, bad snap! Was in the car.. This is the Morning Sunday Market 'Feng Ling' - Chicken, chicks, fish, rabbit, puppy, tortoise, vegetable, poultry, fruits, plants, food, drink, ETC!
Clear View  
A view from Eastern Plaza car park.. Ain't the sky nice and clear... This is my home :)
Tawau Central Market
 Dried Seafood for sale! Fresh and cheap!!!
Busy packing now, my mum is always the customer to this aunty..
Ground coffee for sale! Nice aroma, a must for my grandparent every single morning!
Found this book in Sabah Chinese High School Library.. What so interesting 'bout this?
Taaa-daaaaaa - 3D Alice in Wonderland...
I'm not drinking this, just a 'juice' for my mum and grandpa, when it's time to have some family talk ;)
Hakka ngin kin gai o....
Steamboat at Perdana Club... The Pro Chef :D

My short stay in Tawau was great, feel bad that I have to leave for classes in KL. Get to enjoy with my cousins, uncles and aunt, grandparent, and friends! Expecting Chinese New Year, so that I can get home, expecting another summer break, so that I can get home!

Tawau, a place I call Home! Proud to be Sabahan, Tawau-ian! We survived days and weeks without water and electricity, we survived floods and heavy storms, we are the Best! 

No comments: